Sunday, January 20, 2013

Refusing Temptation

Stay On Budget - Success!

I have been so good. 

While I didn't stick to the one drink thing, I did stay under my calorie budget, and I resisted some really big temptation.

We went to the expensive wine bar. They charge more for one glass what you would pay for a whole bottle of the same stuff, so I decided to get a whiskey and soda, which I feel was a wise choice. Less sugar, fewer calories, and I like whiskey better than wine, anyway.

The real test came when we migrated from the expensive wine bar to my favorite restaurant/bar in Tulsa, Cosmo Cafe.

I got a hot spiced bourbon milk and honey, but it was after midnight, so I counted that toward Sunday.  I could have also gotten a dessert or some delicious food. My friends did. But I stuck with my drink, and instead of getting a second when everybody else ordered another round, I ordered a cup of Earl Grey. I felt ridiculous ordering tea at a bar, but they had it and I wanted it, so whatever.

Then, riding home with my BFF, he was on a cheat day from his diet and had planned to "go to bed with Taco Bell on my face." So, we stopped at Taco Bell. I thought very seriously about getting something, even though I was not the least bit hungry. I really argued with myself and, in the end, decided against it. 



Then I went home and ate a little bag of cheetos and a little bag of fudge stripe cookies. It still felt like an indulgence, but I was still under my calorie budget, so it worked out pretty well.

Also, I took the beast to the dog park both yesterday and today. It's been glorious outside, so I'd really have been a fool not to go out and enjoy the weather. She is currently all tuckered out and behaving herself on the couch, rather than being in my face or begging at the door, which is great.



I'm cooking tuna casserole tonight. According to MyFitnessPal, it's a lot more low cal than I thought. Also, garlic chicken Voila is pretty low in calories, which was a pleasant surprise. Options just keep opening up!

As you can tell, I'm feeling very optimistic today. Here's the goal for this week:

Don't Spend Any More On Food This Week

While I was on budget calorie-wise, I was not on budget money-wise, this weekend. I have groceries in my house for a change. So, I need to commit to not buying anything else this week. I'll eat what I have in my house for the next week, and not go to any restaurant of any kind.

You know what else?

Get In Bed Before 1

For obvious reasons.

Walk The Dog

Tomorrow, I want to take her to the walking trail and get some exercise for myself. It's supposed to be cold tomorrow, but I'm going to try to force myself to do it, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment