Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hey, Hi, Hello

I've done this before with varied results, but now feels like the right time to try again.

This is, technically, one of those trite self-improvement blogs. But before your eyes roll right out of your head, just hear me out.

Sure, part of it is going to focus on the usual: fitter, happier, more productive.



If I'm honest, for me, it's more like: thinner, smarter, more social.

But I'm hoping to do more with this blog. I don't just want to ramble on about what I've eaten today and how much I hate working out and how much I hate being fat. I want to talk about whatever I want to talk about and work toward some goals at the same time, and hopefully that will be interesting to somebody other than me.

I'm going to set goals every day--little attainable goals. Some will be a day or a week out. Some will be a month out. When I reach one goal, I'll set another. When I fail to reach a goal - which I will - I'll try it again until I do reach it.

The first goal is 12 weeks out. It's this: Win The Money.

I work at a local TV news station, and they're very proactive about helping employees lead healthy lifestyles. For the next 12 weeks, we're doing a Biggest Loser thing. Everybody who wants to participate chips in $10, and we all weigh in once a week. If you don't weigh in one week, you get disqualified. At the end, whoever loses the biggest percentage of body weight wins the money. Well, one man and one woman will win and each will split the money, but still, depending on how many people participate, that's a lot of money.

I'm weighing in tomorrow, after my orientation meeting at our new building.

That's part of my inspiration for this, too. A week or so from now, I'm going to be working in a new place, surrounded by all new everything, and I want to fit in in that environment. I need a new body and new clothes that fit on that new body. I want a whole new routine.

I started this job six months ago, and I totally blew my chance to change up my lifestyle then, so I'm not wasting this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment