Friday, January 18, 2013

It'll All Be Better In The New Building

Get My Ass In Bed - Accomplished

I started out today really optimistic and feeling great and ended it really stressed and annoyed.

At 9 a.m., my alarm went off and I snoozed for 45 min. before I finally got up. I had a leisurely breakfast and did some laundry. All good.

I went to work today with a Healthy Choice frozen meal, an apple, and a 100 calorie pack of cookies. That would have been fine, but I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, and forgot all about lunch. So, I got far too hungry for a little microwave pasta meal, come 7 p.m.

I broke down and went to Wendy's instead, leaving the frozen thing in the freezer. But it was totally okay, because I got a grilled chicken sandwich and some chili and a diet coke, which was all pretty low cal, and I ate it at my desk.

I meant to get a small chili, but they gave me a large one, which I ate, even though I was full to bursting halfway through.

Then my night devolved into silliness. Everybody showed up to the studio and started hugging and taking pictures, and I felt a little out of place, because I've only been there for six months and I haven't really formed an attachment to the building or the people. So, that bummed me out and then after a beautiful moment, watching the anchors sign off from that studio for the last time after 64 years, I went about finishing my job.



Welp. They shut off the servers and started packing everything up. They didn't tell me they shut down the servers, so I sat at my desk, hitting refresh, trying to transfer video files to the server, while everybody else was having champagne. Then the video files wouldn't upload to my email, so I couldn't even email them to myself and upload them from the new building. They were literally packing up my equipment out from under me.

That doesn't make you feel good. That doesn't make you feel like an integral part of the organization.

So, I went home and ate my feelings. Okay, it was a 100-calorie thing of frozen Greek yogurt, but it still felt pretty good.

Even with the stress eating and the large chili, MyFitnessPal tells me I only consumed 1,294 calories.

Apparently, if every day is like today, I can lose 12 lbs. in 5 weeks. God forbid.

Tomorrow is my day off. Historically, it can be hard to stick to a plan when you don't have a schedule like on a work day. I'm supposed to go out with some co-workers to break in a new anchor. We're going to a very expensive wine bar. Also, Sunday, I have every intention of taking myself to see The Hobbit.

Which brings me to my weekend goal:

Stay On Budget

I'm referring to my calorie budget, but doing that should also keep me from spending a bunch of money on drinks and movie treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment